A screenshot of the current home page of the FPS web site
David Pottinger writes:
Different people like getting their information in different ways. At Fleet Pond Society we have set up a variety of ways which hopefully cater for most tastes and which give a wide selection of snippets, photos and articles.
Here they are and as a comparison I also give the numbers (which can vary daily of course) from a similar post I wrote in April this year:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fleetpondsoc (1,199 followers, up from 1,116!)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FleetPondSociety (498 likes, up from 345!)
- Blog (this site): https://fleetpond.wordpress.com/ (over 163,000 views, up from 153,000!)
- Website: http://www.fleetpond.org.uk/ (we have a very informative modern site, please take a look!)
- Flickr (for sharing photos): https://www.flickr.com/groups/1501643@N22/ (555 photos, up from 388!). See also the Flickr widget on the rhs of this blog for the latest contributions.
- Newsletter (see sample page below): for FPS members only, instructions for joining our Society are here (just £10 per year). This goes into a lot of detail that cannot be found anywhere else.
In addition, FPS regularly submits articles for publication in local newspapers, such as Surrey Hants Star Courier and Fleet News & Mail.
Happy reading 🙂