Fleet Neighbourhood Policing Team issued this message on 30/06/2016:
We have had two reports today (30th June) of separate vehicles being broken into in the car park at Fleet Pond. In one incident, a window has been smashed and glove box searched, and in another the vehicle doors have been opened and a bag taken from the back seat.
Since this occurring Police have patrolled the area this afternoon and found several vehicles with windows down and personal stereos on show, and another with the keys left in the ignition.
Please read our advice below which can help deter and prevent this type of crime occurring:
- When leaving your vehicle, close all windows and lock your car.
- Check the vehicle is locked by trying the handles.
- Park your car in an attended car park.
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don’t have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don’t leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there’s nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.
- Do not store your car’s documents in the car.
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.
If anyone has any information which could assist with our investigations, they are encouraged to call Police on 101, quoting Police reference 44160243474.
Fleet Neighbourhood Policing Team
Message sent by
Darren Guy (Police, PCSO, Hart District)